So, after three days of back to back interviews with employers and recruiters, being put forward for jobs and offered a bunch of temporary placements, it came down to three strong possibilities, all of which choosing to proceed with depended on a solid answer from another...If it rains it pours so they say.
I could either:
a) Start a 3 week temp job up the road, all locked in and ready to go, all I had to do was show up on Monday but it only guaranteed 3 weeks.
b) Possibly start a job in London next week, full time for 6 months and ongoing after that, but would possibly have to attend a second interview which could be as late as Monday which would mean letting the temp employer/recruiter down at the last possible minute (which I haaaate doing cause I'm too nice) and therefore forfieting one lot of short term work for only a possibility of long term work; Or
c) Forfiet the temp work altogether to attend a definate second interview next week for another job (veerrry different to the job in (b) but just as good) in London which I may or may not get.
So, needless to say I have been feeling a little stressed out about juggling the scenario, three lots of employers plus three lots of very lovely recruiters (who I do not want to burn bridges with) all needing answers and all waiting on me who was waiting on another of them...
So after a moment of overtired and flustered emotion, and an immature and tearful phonecall to one of my friends, I resorted back to the lounge with a tub of icecream to sit and play "the waiting game" all the while applying for more jobs, speaking to more recruiters and agreeing to be put forward for more interviews...
Now, I'm not complaining, cause I'm very blessed to have so many opportunities all of a sudden presenting themselves, but I must admit I've found it all a little overwhelming and couldn't help but fear the possibility of either making the wrong decision or procrastinating on each job to the point of ending up back at square one, unemployed and with nothing on the horizon but a trip to the supermarket to by more icecream...
Anyway, it's now 630pm and after one of my recruiters spent the afternoon pushing back on the employer for option (b) who was only at the point of deciding whether to get me back for a second interview or not, they decided that rather than lose me to another option they would offer me a job to start 9am Monday!
Thank You God!
Here's the super fun bit, it's with a certain famous Auction House (which I'm not listing the name of in case of saying something wrong), which will mean absolutely nothing to some of you and mean a whole $50 million dollar Monet to others...its been around for a couple of hundred years and they look after the auctions of art and jewellery and sculpture etc to the tune of millions of dollars...If you've got a spare $40mil to spend on a Picasso then this is where you go..click here (Nanna and Pa, click on the word "here") if you want to look.
I'm totally freaking out and can't quite believe it, I mean this place is fancy! and posh! and I am, in all honesty not. I mean the offices have a doorman and are in one of the fanciest buildings in London...BUT I'm excited and really looking forward to it, to working for such a prestigious company, to learning more about myself and what I am capable of, it's really an amazing opportunity and one of which I am believing is meant to be, one of which I am choosing to believe God has given me. (Still, your thoughts and prayers would not go astray on Monday)
And so my friends, there you go :) the days of my being unemployed and getting fat (they even offer subsidised gym memberships!!) are now...
going
going
gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment